Private guide Tarragona
Tour the beautiful landscapes of Tarragona
The best way to tour Tarragona with a professional and safely around the province
Hire a private guide to tour the best places in Tarragona
In Tarragona the tradition of Mediterranean seafood cuisine, very present in the neighborhoods of Serrallo or Tamarit core, with gastronomic proposals between traditional and avant-garde that put on the table the restaurants of the Part Alta of Tarragona. Whether for local products as beloved as shrimp or anchovies, for specialties such as romesco, or to enjoy gastronomic events such as La Part Alta Somriu a la Crisi (which is just celebrated in February), Tarragona’s gastronomy will make you enjoy your trip with all five senses. And even better if you accompany it with some of the wines from the wineries of the DO Tarragona, a guarantee of quality. The Mediterranean diet, also recognized by UNESCO as World Heritage, has a special flavor in Tarragona.
In Tarragona we can not only see the vestiges that Roman history has left us: we can also live it, feel it and, therefore, understand it better than ever. This is what the Tarraco Viva historical reconstruction festival aims to achieve every year, which for two weeks in May brings the ancient inhabitants of Tarraco back to life to offer, with rigor and historical documentation as its leitmotiv, a portrait of life during Roman times. These are special days in which the gladiators fight again in the amphitheater, the life of two thousand years ago reawakens under the vaults of the circus, or the environment of the walls becomes a military camp.
Attend traditional festivals accompanied with a local guide, as the Carnival of Tarragona is one of the most participatory of Catalonia, with about 2,000 people who are part of the most multitudinous act: the Rua de la Artesanía, every Saturday of Carnival. If this is not reason enough, the comparsas of Tarragona are especially proud of the designs and choreographies that defend each year, always surpassing in originality, competing for the coveted prizes of assuming the functions of King and Concubine during the days in which the city is subjected to the rule of debauchery .
Why hire a private guide Tarragona
A local guide with expert knowledge of your destination. They will be able to show you the highlights to see, as well as the hidden gems that are not known or available to the typical tourist. Barcelona Lands private guides will be with you to make sure you have the best possible experience on your tour, as well as to keep you safe and arrange any details such as transfers and group meals. They are also fully trained to handle any unexpected situations that may arise.
Our guide service is totally flexible and can guide you for a few hours, a whole day or a whole week, depending on the availability of the trip and the flexibility of your visit in the city. Explore Tarragona, one of the best preserved Roman archaeological sites in Spain on an excursion from Barcelona. Visit the aqueduct of Les Ferreres, tour the city center and take in the views from the Balcony of the Mediterranean.
General information about our private guide service Tarragona
These are some of the services included in our private guided tours, it is worth mentioning that many of them are totally flexible and modifiable according to the type of service requested by our clients.
Cancel up to 24 hours in advance and receive a full refund.
Use your cell phone or print the coupon
Duration 5 hours or more
Queue-free entry through other access
Professional Guide in Tarragona
- English, Spanish, German
- Pick up service included
- You will be sent a message 24 hours before departure with the specific pick-up time at your accommodation, as well as the name of your guide and his phone number.
- Small or large private group
- Your experience
What you will do
- Visit the amphitheater ruins, idyllically located by the sea.
- Visit Tarragona’s Roman forum, built 2000 years ago
- Explore the 2nd century ruins
- Choose between a private tour or an intimate small group tour (max. 8 people)
- In detail
- Travel back to the time of the Roman Empire and visit the ancient capital of Hispania Citerior, 2000 years ago. Experience the Tarragona of the Roman era, the Middle Ages and today’s Tarragona.
- An expert guide will pick you up in a private transport and accompany you on this half-day trip to the time of gladiators, centurions and emperors who wrote the mythical and bloody history of the Roman Empire.
What is included in a Tarragona Private Guide service?
- Pick up and return to the hotel in a private minivan with air-conditioning between 08:00 and 09:00
- Expert tour guide
- Small group of up to 8 participants or more
- Tour of medieval and modern Tarragona
Our guides are fully certified and will offer you a unique experience in the city with small, large, family or corporate groups.